"Never lie to someone who trusts you. Never trust someone who lies to you."
I think I have
completely lost the ability to trust. My life is now full of doubts and uncertainties. All back to square one.
Trust is a beautiful thing. But trust, like all beautiful things in life, is fragile. So goddamn fragile. Once broken, it can never be completely restored. Ever. There is always the option to forgive. Yes, why not. Everyone is capable of that. But to forgive and forget? Maybe, but to what extent? Never to a large extent. Because there will always be an imperfection in the reflection of the broken trust, the beautiful trust that had been so cruelly toyed with. Trust is like a mirror. Once broken, you can glue the pieces of shattered glass together again, but the cracks always be there. The mirror will never be the same again. Those awful, ugly cracks. Scars.
It's one thing for someone to break my trust. But it's a whole new level when I decide to forgive and to trust again, only to find myself trusting a lie. Major double whammy.
Trust is not freaking playdough.